Electrical Wiring in the Home/leagle side of wiring stove to the switch board

Question
my electrician did the wiring in my new house and I found he has fixed a 10 amp plug point for the stove but I think that's not strong enough to take over 3600 watts stove.When I mentioned to him he said I did not tell him that I was going to have an electric stove.NOw I have to open up the plaster board on the wall for rewiring  the stove line.According to Australian electric law is it compulsory to fix a separate connection in the kitchen for the stove and what is the recommended size in amps.
thanks.
Sam

Answer
Sam,

I doubt your stoves are much different power wise than ours here in the US. A 30 inch wide electric stove here with 4 burners and an oven takes a 50 amp 4 wire receptacle.

If your electrician did not run a line such as this I don't know how he plans to modify something existing in the kitchen to make it work.

If this line for the stove was not on the plan and no one told him it was needed then its an unfortunate situation.

Bob
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

PASCACK VALLEY ELECTRIC Bob Mossman