Electrical Wiring in the Home/lost power in master bed room

All but one of the wall outlets and light switches of the Master bedroom in my parent's condo has lost power for the last few days.  However there is power in the walking closet.
This morning I removed and checked all wall outlets and light switches for any broken wire but I did not find any broken wire.
There is one GFCI in the master bathroom that I tested with voltage tester. There was no power. In addition all the switches in the main panel are on position. One thing I noticed and compared with my own house main panel is that there was no specific switch for GFCI outlets in that condo.
Do you have any suggestion what could be wrong. All wires are connected and are switches are on.
One thing my dad said is that as he was replacing a light bulb in the master bedroom, it sparked and power went off.

Well it likely some sort of open wire somewhere,  most often a neutral wire will open causing this kind of thing,         

There are non contact voltage tracers that you can buy for less than $100 that follows live power and beeps/blinks without having to remove sheetrock for visual inspection,   

But it could a be a dozen different things,   

Without me re-writing all the possible issues, and likely it is one fairly simple open  somewhere,   go to this site,  

He has put the simple for the homeowner in a easy to read, step by step, based on the issue, list of methods to narrow down and often find the problem on your own.

Remember  DIY electrical can be dangerous,  so go no further than your comfort level and common sense.

Because the power went out at the change of light bulb,  I would suggest starting there,  you will need adequate light,  power to the room and fixture off at the breaker,  and do a visual there first,  see if something did not short   THEN OPEN,  in the fixture,    

Most of these things end up being very simple to resolve, the hunt is the biggest problem,  and where to start,  past that  you will find your scenario on the site, and he will have the step by step plan to look for it,  if you find nothing in the local fixture,  

Be careful  and if within a reasonable time, you are not on the track,  then it is well worth a service call,  for one, they have the non contact tools  can find these opens very quickly, and while there,  most good electrical outfits will give you a look over of your or your Parents system,   don't be upsold,    just ask for a review if they see anything have them explain it,  if you don't  ask again,   if that is not good enough   let me know, I will help you  

I apologize for the delay, I have been head down with this damn flu   and unable to be much help to anyone,   but hopefully you can find a simple issue such as a wire nut come loose or something you can quickly and safely put back,    but again    electricity is nothing to fuss around with and if you have doubts,     call a reputable electrical outfit,  

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Will Babbitt

Electrical issues of all types, wiring, control, appliances, components, specialty in Electric MOTOR or APPARATUS trouble shooting, electric motors, electrical problems, single phase, three phase, DC, capacitors, elevator MG-Sets, modifications, reverse engineering, VFD Drives, single to three phase convertors. Repair of most any electrical/mechanical/electronic apparatus, OEM, AC, DC, Industrial Applications, Three phase, single phase failure mode, determining the root cause of the equipment failure BEFORE failure repeats, Antique appliances, electric motors, fans, ceiling fans, base mount fans, poor equipment performance, Modifications, habitual failures, vibration, redesign, obsolete issues, collectible items restored, rewinding. Owner of EMR Repair Inc www.emrrepair.com More information on electric motors, under Engineering/Motors Ask about any electrical or mechanical problems in the home, office, or even at your work. B2B or business to business CONSULTING I can do but it would be a much more complex issue, that would require a significant amount of time. repair@mearservice.com from there we can discuss and begin work on about anything. Industrial electric motors, controls, troubleshooting, vibration, alignment, any type of industrial or commercial electric/electrcical equipment For the home owner, renter, apartment if you have odd things going on, describe to me, photos are normally very helpful, appliances, heating and air conditioning issues, light switches, installation, DIY PROJECTS FOR THOSE NOT EDUCATED IN ELECTRICAL, we can do some things, but for safety and sanity reasons, I may refer you to a local electrician, and help you find one, help you with pricing and even speak directly with anyone you hire if you have issues,

Over thirty years with a major repair and sales company, VP of Operations, and former owner of my own specialty repair shops, MEAR Services local to Kansas City Missouri EMR Repair Inc., located in Kansas City Missouri, 2014 sold both businesses to JCI Industries, Lee's Summit Missouri wbabbitt@jciind.com Evaluation and repair of electrical/mechanical apparatus. Electrical and mechanical repairs, trouble shooting including, vibration and balance issues. About.com provides this service, and the huge costs to provide help on about any subject. They provide the servers, the people to vet the experts, costs that would be the same as operating a good sized business, They should be appreciated for what they do, the huge costs and the great help they provide for free, Electric motor questions, can be answered here but there is a dedicated category that has other experts to help and add to a solution. Other common questions, are noises in the walls, breakers tripping, devices not starting or shutting down for no apparent reason, smoke alarms buzzing, thermostat change outs, or sizing wire or needing information for a new project, but anything can be resolved, anything, with enough effort and patience, DIY, with electrical is possible, but in most cases the use of a simple ohm meter or volt meter is needed, they can be purchased at any hardware store for a few bucks. If you have smoke, or smell smoke, don't be writing me, call 911 the Fire Department has no problem looking for smoke smells, better then spraying water on a blazing fire. DO NOT GET CAUGHT INVESTIGATING AND TRAPPED IN A BASEMENT LOOKING FOR A BLOWER FAILING< As to the tip jar, it is up to you, it is appreciated, every expert spends out of pocket that I know, we spend on IP time, computer wear, printing documents, books, and of course our time, but if we prevent a $400 service call, we did well,

Former IBEW, EASA, IEEE, UL, ..............

10 plus years, various Technical Schools, followed by Industrial College Credit and non Credit Courses, electronics courses, experience in most any electrical apparatus, electric motors and generators, AC OR DC, fractional to above 5000HP, other electrical apparatus, slip rings, sleeve [plain] bearings, lubrication, identification-no data plate, control components, service and sales. I have continued night schools for decades, the list is extensive. I have been in the business of repairing most anything with wires or mechanical parts for decades, I have some helpful hints and directions you won't have to dig up. Or hopefully not have to pay a huge service call invoice to find.

Federal Government, National Weather Service, NOAA, Commercial Power Plants, Major Vehicle Manufacturers, Printers, Other industrial and Commercial Businesses