Electrical Wiring in the Home/Outdoor post lantern

I went to change a dead bulb and when I began to screw it I'm, all other light went out. I tried other bulbs but they did not work either.  It is on a timer in the house so I checked that and all seems to be working. It is on a GFI and it did not trigger that, all other light on the circuit are working

There must be something damaged in the socket or internal in the fixture. If it is convenient, switch it with a known working fixture and it the other one does work, it is definetly the fixture. If not you will need to trace the circuit to see where it is loosing power. A GFI can be very troublesome if it has some age and may not trip but also may not tranfer the power downstream.
Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.