Electrical Wiring in the Home/Residential wiring using EMT

Question
Two questions.  How many #12AWG conductors allowed in a 1/2" EMT? This is for standard 120VAC 20A residential use.  Also, are the EMT pipes, boxes and connections acceptable for ground continuity between outlets or must a separate wire be used?  Thanks!

Answer
One the first question, it depends on the specific conductor used as the number of conductors in a given conduit is determined by the diameter of the conductor and each type of insulation has a different given diameter. With the proper connectors EMT can be used as the ground, but I have never used it in this manner as it can always be damaged and the safest method is to use a separate ground conductor. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook