Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ceiling fan remote wiring

I have purchased a hunter universal 3 speed ceiling fan remote but am having trouble with figuring out the wiring for installing with my hunter ceiling fan.  I was hoping I might be able to get some assistance. Here is what I have (excluding all ground wires):

Wires out of top of ceiling junction box:  white, black, red (capped the red, using blk as my hot)
Wires coming out of remote receiver:  white, black, blue (light), yellow (fan)
Wires coming out of ceiling fan: white, black, black with white stripe

Any assistance would be appreciated! TY!

The black and white wires out of the ceiling box SHOULD be the correct ones.

If those are all the wires you have on the remote it should go like this:
White on the remote, white from the ceiling box, white on the fan all together.
Black from the remote to the black from the ceiling box. Yellow from remote to the black from the fan. Blue from the remote to the black with white stripe from fan.

If this does not concur with the instructions, take a closer look at the instructions.

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Licensed Master Electrician (32 years) 6165B Contractor in Closter New Jersey with 40 years total experience in Residential - Commercial - Industrial work. Emergency Service - General trouble shooting and repair work - ONAN & GENERAC generator installation - Paddle fans - Kitchen & Bath exhaust fans - AC lines - Smoke detectors - Telephone lines - Cable TV lines - Computer network cabling - Exterior lighting - Recessed lighting - Security lighting - (200 - 150 - 100 amp service up grades) - Electric Heat - New circuits - New appliance hook ups - and more ! FREE ESTIMATES 201-358-1552 Fully Insured

Licensed contractor in Closter New Jersey.

"The Frank Williams School of Electrical Construction". My dear old boss is 100 ! and still going God Bless him. I started working for "Tenafly Electric" right out of high school at 19. He was tough but I learned more working for him in 8 and half years than most guys. We did mostly industrial work while doing some commercial and residential so I was fortunate to be exposed to all 3 areas of electrical construction. The guys I worked with were all good guys and I stay in touch with some of them still. Most of us went into our own buisness's which says something about the caliber of the guys I worked with. We had some interesting clients : Wella Corp. of shampoo fame, Farah Fawcett etc, I didn't buy shampoo for 10 years. It was a great place to work. Pan Am the former airline just before they went under, another great place to work, nice clean environment. C&C Metals, the largest button manufacturer in the US at that time, a not so clean environment but a very interesting place to work, lots of machine's cranking out buttons of all kinds but you had to be on your toes, it was a potentially dangerous place to be . All kinds of action going on around you.