Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical overload

Question
QUESTION: My daughter plugged a sanyo television into an outlet that she later found out was for an air condition only.  We are assuming it had more voltage.  I've been carring around this brand new tv for years, not knowing if it's fixable.  Most appliance places want to charge an arm and a leg just to look at it.  I'd like to try to fix it myself.  I haven't been able to find help on google.  Any advice?

ANSWER: How do you know the the air conditioner was not 110?  The TV voltage,  a TV plug would NOT fit in a 220 volt plug for an air conditioner anyway,        

So it might be fine just as it is,     Is It broken?   Have you tried it?

IF for some reason she somehow got a 110 TV plug into a 220 AC outlet   which would be really difficult      but IF SHE DID     AND I DOUBT SHE DID,   But IF SHE DID the TV is fried if it was turned on,   you may be thinking amps not volts,  the AC OUTLET could have the same voltage but provide more ampo       AMPS are a result,   so even if available it should not have harmed the TV.

Try it and let me know what happens   write to my personal email   and I will help you further

QUESTION: Thanks for you help.  I didn't see your personal email, so sorry for the follow up here.  It was not a strange looking outlet but the landlord told us afterwards (once her tv was plugged in and blew) that it was an outlet for an a/c.  I don't know what the voltage was.  It was a brand new tv.

Answer
220 volts are slanted prongs   110 are straight prongs,   even if it was for an AC the TV would not plug in,  so not sure what all is going on,  maybe the tv just crapped out?

Here is the deal on fixing tvs, if it smoked literally     you got a job,   and probably not worth it,       but if you want to try and learn    then OK   go for it,   maybe it was just a power supply,      but newer sets are plug in circuit boards,    but you gotta narrow down to which ones,  or it could be wiring,     I just con't get it,    did it work in that outlet for a long time?       If it were a 220 outlet for AC, the TV would have fried in 30 seconds,    

So look inside and see what you think  how big is the TV ???   It has to be big before your time becomes too valuable          but write me at my personal  I do fix appliances and tvs also,  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Will Babbitt