Electrical Wiring in the Home/motion activated lights

Question
Customer wants to have the motion sensor part active all the time.and also be able to switch lights on by a switch so the light will stay on until she turns off the switch.

Answer
Rod if you are talking like a double pair of floods or even a single lamp light, MOST have that option built in,     for example,   if you want motion  you flip on switch on/off for more than 30 seconds,      then it is motion mode,     from there   you just flip on the switch and leave it on  and the lights stay on until she turns them off, then she resets to motion by off on in less than 30 seconds  it is really easy to learn,        

Here is one example    these are very inexpensive

http://www.heath-zenith.com/security_seccon.htm

and they come in all configurations,    now   most all these motion lights have to take some time to adjust to temp changes that are somewhat large,    in other words if it is 70 for a week and drops to 40   it might take a day to get the motions to work correctly   but they will settle in,     the more you pay the the more reliable,  but you can get any shape size wattage you want with just the features you are asking for built right in          I would go that way

Unless I didn't understand exactly your or her specific situation if not   reply back or use my personal email and we will get real in depth,    but if you just want to build one  you can buy a straight motion and then jump out the motion wiring with a double throw switch to by pass it,    up would be on,    down would be motion     middle would be OFF period     

I do the same thing with front and back motions    sometimes I want them on    sometimes I want them just on motion    but no daytime,  built right into the light assembly    

I find Zenith works well as a brand      and you can get solar powered up to about 60 watts  no wiring,   except for a switch leg to change options of motion or lights constant  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Will Babbitt