Electrical Wiring in the Home/old wiring

I have a home run in the kitchen and it has 3 hot wires and 3 neutral wires their are to hot wires coming out of the bx and 2 neutral wires coming out of the bx. I hooked up a ceiling fan And the entire second floor electricity turns off. Don't know what to do in this situation maybe the wires are hooked up wrong

It is possible you have it hooked up wrong and you have a short, or you have too much of a load on that circuit.

You said you have "a" home run with three hot wires. Does this mean one circuit that is branched out three ways, or three separate circuits?

Most likely you will need to run a new circuit (home run) for the ceiling fan.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.