Electrical Wiring in the Home/voltage leakage

Question
QUESTION: Hi...I have purchased a leviton dual switch number 5224 to control two sets of outlets. When the switch is in the off position there is an electrical "leak" of .793 volts at the outlets.

I wired the switches to operate independently by breaking the tab off between the switches.  The black power line is wired to the brass colored terminal and the outlet side black is wired to the black terminal.

Why is the switch leaking when i place my meter on the black terminal and the white twisted wires and the switch is in the off position?

ANSWER: You have lost me.

Black terminal? They should all be brass colored, I should think, unless you have somehow gotten a 3-way switch.

Broke the tab out? Are there 2 circuits at the switch?

Less than a volt? Are you using a digital meter? Probably a ghost reading. Could be capacitive coupling.

black terminals
black terminals  

brass terminal
brass terminal  
QUESTION: Sorry if my question wasn't clear.  Ill try to be more detailed. I will attach images.

I am using a digital meter.Fluke 77.

The meter at rest is at almost zero (.004). When inserted into the outlet with the switch off it reads just under 1volt. When the switch os on the voltage is normal (122.3).

The switch is a double switch in one box. Both the top and bottom switch have this reading for the outlets they control in the off position.  The switch has the feature to operate independent of the other by removing the jumper tab between them.

I hope I have done a better job explaining. It would be helpful if I could send a couple more images to clarify.

I deeply appreciate your help since I have tried my best to track this down. I'm wondering if it is just the nature of the double switch..

Answer
I do not know why they started using black screws. Strsngr unnecessary change
.
Anyway, not the switch. It is the nature of digital meters.

Read up on phantom or ghost voltage. Inductive and capacitive coupling.

Take the wire off the switch and check again. Check at switch as well  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber