Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ceiling fan to regular light

Question
I am replacing a ceiling fan/light combo with just a regular light fixture. The wires to the fan are 2 whites, and a black. One of the whites has a red spliced in to make it longer. The new fixture has 2 whites, 2 blacks and a ground. The switch on the wall has only a white and black. What so I need to connect to make this work properly? Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi.

Whatever you do, do not disconnect any wires in the ceiling that do not go to the fan.  Connect the two white wires from the light where the white wires from the fan connected to.  Connect the two black wires from the fixture where the black fan wire was.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle