Electrical Wiring in the Home/home wiring

Hello I'm wiring a bedroom using only one 20 amp breaker. I will be using 12/2 wire there will be 3 outlets and 1 lightswitch for a ceiling fan. Would it be correct to run my wire from the fuse box to a junction box, then run one wire to the lightswitch and up to the fan so the switch will control the fan and than the other wire down to the outlets daisy chaining them together? I want the outlets to have power all the the time and the switch to control just the fan. Thank you

Yes, you can do that, as long as the junction box is accessible. You can't drywall over it.  There are also many other ways of doing it.  You can run the wire to all of the outlets, then to the switch and fan.  You can run the wire to the switch, then branch off to the outlets and the fan, or a combination of things.

Remember that no point along the wall can be more than 6 feet from an outlet. (You can't cross a door with a wire.) So 3 outlets may not be enough. You also need a light or outlet on a switch.  If the fan has a light, that will be OK.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.