Electrical Wiring in the Home/Outdoor receptacles

I have a construction at home and my electrician installed very bulky outdoor receptacle cover that makes my balcony look ugly.

I chose pictures online and sent him which covers I like but he said this is the only one allowed by code. I feel he says that because those covers are cheap but ones I ask more expensive.

Please let me know which outdoor(wet area) receptacle covers are better looking white color and flat, not bulky and allowed by code. Thank you so much

If an "in use" cover is required, then there is not much choice. The only ones I have seen are gray or clear with black. They can be replaced with one screw in most cases, so you can easily replace it if you find something nicer. In use covers are made to cover the outlet when something is plugged into it.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.