Electrical Wiring in the Home/permanently remove wall plug

Question
The wall plug I want to remove has three black wires one white and the ground. Two black on the gold side and one black and one white on the silver side. Can I cap each one separately  tape them and  then turn on the power  or do I have to bunch them together? If I bunch them do all three black wires go together.I never seen a plug like that.

Answer
I am not sure why you have 3 black, or why one of the black is on the white side. Is the outlet on a switch?  Is the whole outlet on one circuit?  If the black wire on the silver terminal is a neutral wire, and there is no switch and only one circuit, you can cap it with the white wire. The two black wires on the dark colored side would be capped as a pair.

Remember that the outlet box has to remain accessible. It can't be covered by the drywall. Also remember that most rooms require no point along the wall be further than 6 feet from an outlet.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle