Electrical Wiring in the Home/Rf 1010

We have a wired petsafe dog fence.  The transmitter keeps beeping on and off lately.  We have checked for a wire break with a break locator with no success.  From what we can tell there is no break.  Sometimes we will turn the. Boundary control and the beeping will stop and sometimes it won't.  What could be the problem.

IT is one of two things, the transmitter is bad or you have a partial break. If you have an Ohm meter, take the boundary wire loose from the transmitter and let me know how many feet of wire you have and the ohm meter reading. That will tell us which one it is.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Kevin L. Ogle

I can answer any question regarding the wiring of invisible dog fencing. I am especially skilled in the installation, repair, dog training, and maintenance regarding the system. I am not qualified to answer any questions regarding AC house wiring or installation.

I have been installing and troubleshooting invisible dog fences for the better part of 15 years. I have an Associates degree in electronic engineering, and know the system both inside and out. I personally use the fence and training products & can answer most questions regarding pet training with electronic stimulation.

AAS in Electronic Engineering, The Logistics Institute (Georgia Tech)