Electrical Wiring in the Home/troubleshooting

Question
We recently installed new 16 sear HVAC units, expecting our energy savings would be significant (previous HVAC units were 20+ yrs old); however, that is not the case!  Living in Las Vegas, and having a very mile winter, our energy costs should be around $250/month but instead I just paid $510.  The entire house was updated a year ago with new panels and wiring throughout.  Where do I possibly start, or what type of professional should I hire to trace down the problem.  I appreciate your help.

Answer
It sounds like you have electric back up heat and either the thermostat is set for emergency heat or it was wired wrong, or a component is not functioning properly.

A good HVAC technician (troubleshooter, not installer) should be able to diagnose your problem pretty quick.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes