Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ceiling Fan Wiring trouble!

Question
2 Different Fan Switches
2 Different Fan Switch  

Inside Fan
Inside Fan  
Please help!! I have a ceiling fan that has a double light switch at the wall and was working fine until last month. The light went out, but the fan continued to work fine (of course I changed the light bulb!). I have taken off the light and have been trying to fix this thing since. Here's the main problem: I thought perhaps the light fan switch had burned out so went to replace it-- bought a new one that has 2 black wires coming from it. Went to replace it and the one in the fan only has one wire coming out of it that went to the blue wire coming from the light socket. So where does the 2nd wire go? The wires in ceiling fan include 2 coupled red wires, 2 coupled orange wires, 3 coupled grey wires, 3 coupled brown wires, and 3 coupled white wires (where the white wire coming from the light socket is attached). If you have any ideas let me know what I should try! I've been assuming it's something in the ceiling fan, but could it also be something to do with the light switch at the wall? Thank you for any help!

Answer
Sorry for being slow I took my Son to Colleges and forgot to put myself in vacation mode, so much to remember,   so  this is odd,

One wire cannot break a circuit,  I cannot see the opposite side of the two switches   I researched one wire switches that might just be a ratchet type affair,  but nothing comes up,   the other photo I cannot see the routes because the wires are pushed up and in, but there have to be two wires,  OR this switch is connected somehow to the black switch below it,   or there is a wire hiding from you,  

I cannot tell if the one wire is stripped back for a connection   but it is either stripped back or IF it is a smooth and intentional stripping of the insulation  it almost looks like it is too short for a wire nut,   like it inserted in a hole that clamps automatically,    

It has to either ratchet something,   but it would have to have some kind of shaft on the other side to mate with something in the black switch controller.

The body of the switch would NOT be a part of the circuit like on cars and boats,  where the case is ground,      so look closer   and send me more pics if you have not resolved this by now,    I need all views of the old switch

if you can take the power off and pull down the other wires more so I can try and trace them  

Again sorry for forgetting to put vacation on my name          so many things to shut off and remember to just leave the house what a mess,       

Let me know if you are still dealing with this,

Will  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Will Babbitt