Electrical Wiring in the Home/wire problem

I have a few problems, master bedroom - i can cut power only with main breaker. No other breaker works for that room. I have cont. tested all breakers , all is good. How can i trace the wire to figure why this is ? Any ideas on how they might have done this ?

It looks like one of the breakers is not shutting off, even in the off position.  You can carefully use a neon tester and check power at each breaker when it is turned off. You would need to take the cover off, and carefully put the probe on the breaker screw and a ground wire. The one that lights when it is off is the problem breaker.  If you don't want to do that, then you turn one breaker off at a time and see what turns off. If nothing turns off, then that may be the breaker.  But some circuits are not obvious, such as smoke detectors or heat (if you have it).

If you have Federal Pacific breakers, they are known for not shutting off, and the panel should be replaced with another brand.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.