Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring baseboard with dual level temp relay

white rodgers install instructions
white rodgers install  
QUESTION: I wired in two different 240V circuits for baseboard heating. The first circuit has a load of 3000w and the other has a load of 3500w. It had to be wired separately because of the logistics of the room. I want to use a White-Rodgers dual level temp relay so I utilize just one thermostat. According to the diagram I was given it seems as if I would use a double pole 20a circuit breaker that is then wired to the relay then off to each circuit from the relay. So, the question is does the one 20a double pole breaker supply power for both circuits? I believe the answer is yes it does because the power supply activates both bimetal heaters in the relay after the thermo closes. But my brother-in-law electrician seems to think I have to supply power via two 20a breakers. That doesnt seem right though. Any help would be great.

ANSWER: ((3000 + 3500) * 125%) / 240 = ?
If ? Is more than 20, then a 20 amp breaker won't work.
Tell your sister's husband another electrician said "Hi!"

QUESTION: My brother in law said whats up. I understand that I would need to use a much larger breaker if I was running all the baseboard heaters on one circuit, but I ran two different circuits. How would I wire then both circuits using the relay from white-rodgers from the circuit breaker using two breakers? The diagram I attached on the earlier post shows as if it only accepts one supply. also each line I ran is 12g wire so if I am correct I cant run anymore than a 20a breaker for each line at the watts being run  for each for safety. Thanks for your fast response.

The diagram you sent clearly shows two isolated switches.
Switch one has red and black leads, black being the switched load wire.
Switch two has a red with white tracer and a black with white tracer. It doesn't matter which of these you connect to the feed or load.
The only reason it matters on switch one is because if you hook the feed up to the red lead you will lose your control power when switch one opens.
Bimetal elements are internal to the control circuit and have no contact with the load switches.
You are thinking too much
Remember to mark this all that there is more than one circuit and more than one disconnect - for the next guy, after you move on. [Required by NEC]
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber

Licensed Philadelphia electrician serving Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania. I install and repair residential, commercial and industrial wiring and lighting. Troubleshooting and repair of problems that stump other people is my favorite. I am willing to help people figure out why things don`t work. I understand motor controls, transformers and machine wiring. I do not teach basics to novices or do free design work.

Experience in the area I have 44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair, 480 volts and below. This is not to be confused with one week repeated two thousand times.

44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair