Electrical Wiring in the Home/double 60 amp breaker / 50 amp

Question
I have a air cond. at a business that has a double 50 amp breaker that keeps popping and was told to change it to a double 60 I was woundering if the wire would be ok for 60 amps? it is federal pacific box .had everything checked air con guy said it was working fine electrican said breaker was fine are power company said it was not a power problem so I was told to put a double 60 in place of double 50

Answer
It is never safe to put in a larger breaker, unless an electrician specifically checks all of the wire to make sure it was designed for 60 amps.  

Google Federal Pacific breakers, and you will find out that most experts do not feel they are safe. It is possible that the breaker is just getting old, and could be replaced with another 50 amp breaker. But it might be a good idea to replace the entire box for safety's sake.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle