Electrical Wiring in the Home/Outdoor lighting / outlet

Question
I have a switch operated outdoor light near my back door for lighting the back porch. There's no other power source for this area. I want to install an outlet to put a small upright freezer back there and also a motion activated light. I'm reasonably good at changing fixtures and moving lights, etcetera. Can I do this? Do you recommend any particular light/outlet combo?

Answer
It may be easier and better to run a separate line for the freezer. Most likely, the power enters the switch first, so you can't run an outlet from the light without leaving the light on. It will also prevent you from overloading the circuit, or having something else on the circuit trip the breaker and spoil your food.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle