Electrical Wiring in the Home/pull out fuse block

Question
i have a cutler hammer fuse box with two small pullout block below the plug fuses. the small block on the right . when tested with a multimeter read 120 volts on three end plugs the fourth one the one on the bottom left reads 21 volts why. my dish washer and my in wall air conditioner with a 240 volt pugs won't work the ac keeps blowing the fuses and the dishwasher won't power up why?

Answer
Blown fuse.
If the air conditioner keeps blowing the fuse, does the dishwasher work if you disconnect the air conditioner?
Sounds like you may have a bad air conditioner.
It would not be a bad idea to replace the service. Must be 50 years old, anyway.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber