Electrical Wiring in the Home/outlets not working
We live in a rental home which is undergoing foreclosure. Aside from many other problems,. yesterday all outlets on one side of the kitchen stopped working. A day or two before it had rained hard, with water pouring through the vent over the stove, as it does every hard rain. I am thinking that water has got down inside the walls, and caused this situation with the outlets. We know our landlady will do nothing about this, I am just wondering if there is any safety issue, if this is indeed the case. I greatly thank you for your time.
Water in the wall is always a safety issue. By law the landlady has to take care of the situation. You could take action by calling the power company and your local housing authority.
Either way, you need immediate help before someone gets shocked.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here