Electrical Wiring in the Home/run wire for fixture

Hello. I want to run a wire for a track lighting fixture by jumping off my ceiling fan fixture(wire). How would i make the connections? i think there is a 3 way already existing because my light switch already only controls the light on the ceiling fan.    thanks.

You would have to run the wire to the fan, and connect the new wire where the fan light connects. The track light would be on the same switch.  If you wanted to do anything else, it depends on the order of the two switches, the power source and the fan.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.