Electrical Wiring in the Home/Half dead box

Question
I have a breaker box with 4 20 amp breakers. The lines to two of them are fine. The other two the breaker showed bad. I did the incoming line to the bad ones and got a very low voltage. Why?

Answer
Sounds like this is a sub panel. Find the box that feeds this panel and check that breaker. Most likely that breaker is not feeding both lines because it is tripped or bad.

If that breaker is giving off the proper voltage then you have to start looking for a bad connection.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes