Electrical Wiring in the Home/electrical in a 95 double wide 32 x 40

Lost power the other night after hearing a pop, it was the circuit breaker under the meter. So the power company pushed the breaker back in, then the problem began. then i turned on the main breaker in the home. turned the lights start flickering when turning on the XBOX or the light  part of ceiling fan or my sons big screen T.V. in his room or any plug-ins in the kitchen only microwave,toaster,coffee pot,dish washer,or washer/dryer. dryer only is 220. it began only when the outside main breaker was pushed back in and flipped back on. it never did this stuff before since we bought it 6.5 yrs. ago

I doubt the pop you heard was the breaker it was the CAUSE of the breaker tripping,  

YOU need the power company back out there,    there is something that blew open probably a neutral somewhere   that caused the initial problem,         

It may well be a problem inside of the main    but I would at least start there,   they should be able to tell you if there is uneven current draw or high draw,      after they come back and they only care if the proper power is delivered to your main     most utility guys will give you a heads up on what to look for,   

Dont be using things like big expensive tvs until this is sorted out,     

Or you can hire a quality electrician if you dont want to fuss with the utility,  but in any case the whole circuit needs evaluation   that does not mean it is expensive     at all    a good electrician should be able to isolate the problem within an hour tops,    

But you need pro help  that POP    was the problem   not the breaker,  making the noise,  I am surprised they would reset a main without looking for WHY it tripped,   but it seems more dog eat dog everyday,  

I would try the utility first   and just ask    why is that breaker tripping or why did it trip  and why do I have inside problems now,    it is possible that the breaker has bad contacts   and causing the problem       it all went to fast  for a main breaker trip,   that is a big time fault if the breaker saw the current needed to trip,    you dont just reset a breaker without knowing  and REPAIRING what caused it,      poor    

But its your home and your stuff, so try the utility   worse they can do is say no,    then find an Electrician that has references,  even the outfit that did your house hopefully they are still in business,        

Let me know what you decide and what anyone says    the first person to look at it   I want to know what they say  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Will Babbitt

Electrical issues of all types, wiring, control, appliances, components, specialty in Electric MOTOR or APPARATUS trouble shooting, electric motors, electrical problems, single phase, three phase, DC, capacitors, elevator MG-Sets, modifications, reverse engineering, VFD Drives, single to three phase convertors. Repair of most any electrical/mechanical/electronic apparatus, OEM, AC, DC, Industrial Applications, Three phase, single phase failure mode, determining the root cause of the equipment failure BEFORE failure repeats, Antique appliances, electric motors, fans, ceiling fans, base mount fans, poor equipment performance, Modifications, habitual failures, vibration, redesign, obsolete issues, collectible items restored, rewinding. Owner of EMR Repair Inc More information on electric motors, under Engineering/Motors Ask about any electrical or mechanical problems in the home, office, or even at your work. B2B or business to business CONSULTING I can do but it would be a much more complex issue, that would require a significant amount of time. from there we can discuss and begin work on about anything. Industrial electric motors, controls, troubleshooting, vibration, alignment, any type of industrial or commercial electric/electrcical equipment For the home owner, renter, apartment if you have odd things going on, describe to me, photos are normally very helpful, appliances, heating and air conditioning issues, light switches, installation, DIY PROJECTS FOR THOSE NOT EDUCATED IN ELECTRICAL, we can do some things, but for safety and sanity reasons, I may refer you to a local electrician, and help you find one, help you with pricing and even speak directly with anyone you hire if you have issues,

Over thirty years with a major repair and sales company, VP of Operations, and former owner of my own specialty repair shops, MEAR Services local to Kansas City Missouri EMR Repair Inc., located in Kansas City Missouri, 2014 sold both businesses to JCI Industries, Lee's Summit Missouri Evaluation and repair of electrical/mechanical apparatus. Electrical and mechanical repairs, trouble shooting including, vibration and balance issues. provides this service, and the huge costs to provide help on about any subject. They provide the servers, the people to vet the experts, costs that would be the same as operating a good sized business, They should be appreciated for what they do, the huge costs and the great help they provide for free, Electric motor questions, can be answered here but there is a dedicated category that has other experts to help and add to a solution. Other common questions, are noises in the walls, breakers tripping, devices not starting or shutting down for no apparent reason, smoke alarms buzzing, thermostat change outs, or sizing wire or needing information for a new project, but anything can be resolved, anything, with enough effort and patience, DIY, with electrical is possible, but in most cases the use of a simple ohm meter or volt meter is needed, they can be purchased at any hardware store for a few bucks. If you have smoke, or smell smoke, don't be writing me, call 911 the Fire Department has no problem looking for smoke smells, better then spraying water on a blazing fire. DO NOT GET CAUGHT INVESTIGATING AND TRAPPED IN A BASEMENT LOOKING FOR A BLOWER FAILING< As to the tip jar, it is up to you, it is appreciated, every expert spends out of pocket that I know, we spend on IP time, computer wear, printing documents, books, and of course our time, but if we prevent a $400 service call, we did well,

Former IBEW, EASA, IEEE, UL, ..............

10 plus years, various Technical Schools, followed by Industrial College Credit and non Credit Courses, electronics courses, experience in most any electrical apparatus, electric motors and generators, AC OR DC, fractional to above 5000HP, other electrical apparatus, slip rings, sleeve [plain] bearings, lubrication, identification-no data plate, control components, service and sales. I have continued night schools for decades, the list is extensive. I have been in the business of repairing most anything with wires or mechanical parts for decades, I have some helpful hints and directions you won't have to dig up. Or hopefully not have to pay a huge service call invoice to find.

Federal Government, National Weather Service, NOAA, Commercial Power Plants, Major Vehicle Manufacturers, Printers, Other industrial and Commercial Businesses