Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wiring 3-Way Switch

Question
Wiring Diagram
Wiring Diagram  
I am trying to replace 2 current 3 way switches with 2 new GE/Jasco Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Dimmer with an add on switch.  Here is a link to both products as well as a link to the demo video for install for a 3-way:

https://jascoproducts.com/products/ge-z-wave-wall-smart-dimmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx1luE9llSQ

My problem is that my wiring setup looks nothing like anything in the demo or anything that I can even find online.  As you can see it looks like there are 2 wires going back up to the light fixture.  I can't tell exactly where they are going so it makes it a little harder to see what to do next.  

Some things I found "interesting"  that I'm hoping helps explains.  Please note when I say "C1 B" I mean the black wire in cable 1.  All cables are labeled on my diagram to make things easier. These scenarios are under the premise that the switches have been removed and the wires are just "hanging" there and the breaker is turned ON.
1. C1B is the only thing hot when all switches are removed, which tells me that is the line to the breaker.  
2. If I was to connect C1B and C1W directly to C2B and C2W (respectively) then the lights will all turn on.  Nothing in C3 or C4 is hot when I do this.
3.  When connecting C1B to C3B all of C4 (C4W, C4R, C4B) turn hot.  

I have to admit that I have no idea how this is wired or how to wire in these new switches.  Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Jason

Note: I left out the ground wires from my pictures as that seemed obvious.

Answer
Hi.

The problem is that you do not have neutrals in both boxes.  It would be rare if you do, but it is the only way this system would work.  You would have to run additional wires through the walls to use this system, but I don't think it would be worth the effort.

I would return this back to the store.  It seems to me that 90% of the people who buy it would return it.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle