Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring switches and lights

Hello, I am having trouble in wiring 2 single pole switches .One to an outside light, one to an inside light and also feeding power to a wall receptacle.
No matter how I connect the wires ,I get no power to the lights or wall receptacle.
Incidently, The power from the breaker box is coming into the box with the switches. Any help would be most appreciated.

Are you sure power is coming in at all?

The black wire from the breaker should connect to one screw on each switch, plus the black wire going to the outlet.  The white wire coming in should connect to the white wire to each light, plus the white wire to the outlet.  The black wire from the inside light goes to the other switch screw, and the back wire from the outside light goes to the other switch's other screw. The bare ground wires connect together, plus to any green screws, and the box if it is metal.

Make sure the the wires are connecting properly under the wirenuts. If you still can't get it to work, make sure there is power coming in.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.