Electrical Wiring in the Home/Christmas lights strung backwards

I am following up on your response to the solutions for lights strung backwards.  If you run the extension cord into the lights (female lights and plug male end of extension cord) then you just end up with extensions cords that never get to a male end on the cord to plug into an outlet.  So, I am not sure how that fixes the problem.  Please help.

I am not sure which question you are commenting on. (I have answered over 12,000 over the years).  However, the ONLY solution is to wire it the correct way, and either restring the Christmas lights, or run an extension cord from the beginning of the set to the outlet.

People have asked about making an extension cord with two male plugs, but this is extremely dangerous, because you have the male plug with exposed electrified metal at the end of the set, and you have the same thing on the extension cord if it gets unplugged. You also don't have the fuse protection built into the set, which is vital to Christmas lights, because the wire is so thin.

So, my advice is either restring the lights, or run the cord the way it should be, even if it means buying a longer cord.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.