Electrical Wiring in the Home/fan/light switch timer

Question
The upstairs bathroom has a dual gang box with plug ins on the left and a dual switch on the right for the bathroom light and then fan.  What I am looking for is a switch with timer that will fit in a single gang so that my fan light can be shut off, but leave the fan on for say 30 minutes.  Also wanted to try to keep the plug ins on the left, that is why trying to fit separate switches and timer all in one gang.  Do they make such a thing or am I going to have to get rid of the plug ins to make room for the timer for the fan?  Thanks

Answer
Robert Wilber
Philadelphia Licensed Electrician
Philadelphia License # 3516 - 16765
*
LIFE SAFETY WARNING! [disclaimer]
Electricity is dangerous!
You can be injured or killed!
Improper installations can cause fire, injury and death!
Are you qualified to do this work?
*
National Electrical Code definition, NFPA 70 2008 Article 100: Qualified Person. "One who has skills and knowledge related to the construction and operation of the electrical equipment and installations and has received safety training to recognize and avoid the hazards involved."
*
Electricity is fire in a box! Death on a leash!
*
Always check with the local “Authority Having Jurisdiction” for an official interpretation before making installation decisions.
*
In Philadelphia, it is unlawful for anyone except an individual licensed by the City of Philadelphia to install electrical equipment and wiring.
Homeowners are not allowed to install wiring.
The owner of any property wherein any such installation is discovered shall be issued a violation by the Department of Licenses and Inspections.
The limited exceptions include replacing devices and fixtures at existing outlets.
Contact the Department of Licenses and Inspections for more information.
*
You are more likely to be killed by 120 volts than any other voltage [120 volts creates the PERFECT fatal current through the human body's electrical resistance!]
TURN THE POWER OFF WHEN WORKING!
*
LIFE SAFETY WARNING! [disclaimer]
This information is provided for the use of parties as they see fit!
I am not responsible for the application of this information by any party, including those lacking sufficient skill or knowledge to perform these steps safely and any hazard created is the SOLE responsibility of the user.
*
Unless the bathroom has a window, I understand building codes require the fan to come on with the lights.
I don't know of a timer that would suit your listed criteria.
You could always rework the switch enclosure and add any needed boxes or add a remote box for the timer or receptacle.
There is always an answer.
We have walked on the moon, right?

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber