Electrical Wiring in the Home/reset switch

Question
we have a 1999 clayton mobile home and we have the reset plugs in 3 rooms, both bathrooms and the kitchen. the problem is the 1 in the master bath went off and will not reset when we push the red button. we have tried all the switches and it will not reset. If we turn off the main power supply can we be sure there is no power going to it or does it need to be turned off at the pole. Does it seem like we just need to change out the plug

Answer
If there are no other outlets on that circuit, the GFCI outlet is probably defective and needs to be replaced.  Also, if the outlet is not getting power, it can't be reset, so make sure the breaker is on. Turning off the main should turn it off.  If replacing the outlet does not work, then make sure you are getting power to the outlet. If there are wires connected to the load side, then disconnect them and then see if the outlet can be reset.  If there are other outlets on the circuit, there may be a problem with the wiring.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle