Electrical Wiring in the Home/dedicated lighting circuit

Is it required that house lighting circuits are a dedicated circuit?
Can the kitchen lighting circuit be shared with the dinning room and living room lighting circuit?

No, lighting does not have to be on a separate circuit. But it obviously can't be on circuits that are dedicated to other things like outlets in the kitchen.  The outlets in the living room and bedrooms can be with the lighting.  Bathrooms have their own rules.  Kitchens and dining rooms must have 2 separate circuits just for outlets, etc. It is best to spread things out, so that if a breaker trips an entire area is not in the dark, however.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.