Electrical Wiring in the Home/electric

If replacing a blown fuses for a motor circuit, what steps would I take to determine the proper replacement size of replacement fuse to install

You would have to determine the size of the wire. The main purpose of the fuse is to protect the wire from being overloaded.  The second would be the amperage of the motor.  For example, if you have 12 guage wire, you could use a 20 amp fuse, but if the motor is rated for 12 amps, then it would be better to use a 15 amp fuse.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.