Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical Panel

Question
QUESTION: Robert,

If a house built in the 1960's, has a 100 amp panel and the homeowner wants to upgrade to a 200 amp panel, is it necessary to run a new
power cable from the pole to the new panel?

(Or will the old power cable supply the new 200 amp panel?)

Thank you sir.

ANSWER: Insufficient info.
What pole?

QUESTION: The pole that the main power line / cable comes from.

ANSWER: Call a local professional electrician

QUESTION: Why won't you answer this question?

Answer
Your question lacks sufficient information to formulate a response.
Make a drawing of the service. Show all components.
Draw an arrow indicating the pole you are talking about.
What motivated this question?
You talk about "the homeowner" as a third party.
What is your part in this matter?
What is motivation to change to 200-amp service?
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber