Electrical Wiring in the Home/Master Electrician - Not insured

Hi Bob,

A master electrician wants to perform work on my house but is not insured.  He said that the insurance is there is protect him and not the homeowner.  Is this true?  

Also, he said that since he's pulling a permit and it will be inspected, the inspector will ensure the work.  

That may be better answered by a lawyer, but you would probably be better with an insured electrician.  What if he damages your house?  What if he trips on something? I wouldn't count on the inspector. Why isn't he insured? Did he have a lot of complaints or claims?
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.