Electrical Wiring in the Home/circuit breaker tripping

Question
In my bathroom, I have 3 electrical switches:  one for over mirror lighting, one for exhaust fan and one for light over the shower.  There are also a couple of outlets that I do not have anything plugged into.  Today, I turned on only the light over the shower and it tripped the breaker.  I reset the breaker and tried turning the other switches individually.  The only device that tripped the circuit breaker was the light over the shower.  I also tried plugging in a cellphone to each outlet while the overhead mirror lights were on and nothing tripped.   Can you tell me what the cause may be?  I was thinking maybe moisture, but I have not used the light in the shower for over a month and it was working fine back then with the other two switches turned on.  Also, I had not taken a shower yet when I turned the shower light on today.  I live in Southwest Florida if this makes any difference.

Answer
Sometimes things just happen that way.  Either something corrodes over time, and all of a sudden it shorts out.  Or the connections may have just shorted out.  It could be the light, the switch, or the wire between.  Someone should take the light apart and see if anything appears wrong. It may take a professional to find the problem. It would be best to put tape over the switch, so that it is not accidently turned on.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle