Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical Circuit Problem- Part 3

Question
Hi Robert:

Thanks for sticking with me on this. The breaker trips IMMEDIATELY! No delay. I already eliminated the lamps as the issue so they are unplugged and out of the picture. There was no event that I can think of that occurred prior to this problem. I THINK I have located every outlet and switch on this circuit (there were a couple in the basement also). Should I start removing the hot wire one by one and trying the breaker?

Ok kevin, Your doing AWESOME now lets try everything we can w/o having to go to the ceiling fan especially being 18ft up.Now lets just briefly go back to the beginning does the breaker trip immediately or does it trip when you turn on the switch to the lamps, if not explain again In detail what exactly is happening and ANY OTHER detail you may have no matter how small you may thing they are PRIOR to the problem.Did you drop a lamp, were you using a heavy duty appliance, did lighting hit your house. ..lol...etc; you get my idea thanks i really want to avoid having you have to go up to that ceiling fan that would suck

Answer
WE dont want to do that simply because we can blow a splice apart you see each time that breaker trips your putting alot of stress on the wiring and sooner or later the wire is going to go think of it like a chain and right now the breaker is the weakest link however if we keep tripping the breaker the wire or a splice somewhere in that breaker will become the weakest link...this is where that meter you puchased comes into play now.
1-Using the Continuity feature of the meter i want you to start going from any hot wire to ground starting from where you best think the circuit starts now the theory behind this is that you are NOT supposed to have any continuity between hot and ground...You know what i could MUCH BETTER explain this to you alot easier if you just give me a call...lol
Here's my number 718-541-1674 im normally up till 11pm give me a call and ill explain what we will do next
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo