Electrical Wiring in the Home/power not working in half of home

QUESTION: i have a 1967 marlett mobile home and power in only half of home.   electrician came and found the outlet with no power in it.   he said there should be a junction box but it could be anywhere,  do you have any idea where this could be,   he said if it couldn't be found that it is possible to go from the outlet along side outside of home and into fuse box.   any suggestions    thank you

ANSWER: Hello darlene,
My name is Robert and ill be helping you today and in response to your question im a bit confused you state you do not have power in Half the home than say you have no power in an outlet can you further clearfy if its half the home thats out or just 1 outlet being out that will change the course of troubleshooting now if its half the house tha5 out it could he as simple as the utility company and they simply "lost a leg" or you have a problem with your main breaker.If its just an outlet or a couple of outlets in could just be a breaker is tripped and simply needs to be reset lastly do you have an electrical meter and do you feel comfortable troubleshooting with me or would you just rather have advice thank you.I have all my questions forwarded to my smart phone so i am available and wait time is at a minimum. Lastly no need to worry i wont leave you by yourself ill be here with you the whole way until you are satisfied...Robert

QUESTION: hi there   i have power in half of the home (i have a fuse box)   the electrician said there is an outlet that is dead and probalby connects to a junction box which then would probalby fix the problem by connecting the dead outlet to the fuse box via the junction box, but we don't know where the junction box would be. when we put in a new fuse (15 amp)  it burns out.   hope this kind of makes it a little clearer.  thank you     he said it all could be rewired costing about $1000-1400,  i am trying to avoid that at all cost

Hello darlene
Fist of all you are totally getting RIPPED OFF!!! Please throw this "handyman" out of your home and i say handyman b/c he doesn't have a clue and running a new circuit via outside the trailer should be the ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT...and to troubleshoot a problem like this should cost NO MORE than $200.00 and by you telling my that each time you put in a new fuse in just burns out tells me you simply have a short i rarely do this however i see you are in a jam and do not want to see you ripped off so heres my number 718-541-1674 give me a call and i can further help you
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo

I am here to answer ALL your questions regarding anything to do with home wiring such as Switches, Receptacles,Lighting, Main Distribution Panels, HVAC, Thermostats, etc; if it has a wire and in your home I CAN ANSWER IT. Whether its as simple as "why do my lights flicker?" Or as complex as I would like to rewire my house im here to help, in addition i can offer advice on remodeling a kitchen or lighting up you back yard as well as offering troubleshooting on appliances.

I have over 17 years in the electrical industry including Residential, Commercial & Industrial, Im also a certified HVAC technician as well as a certified fiber obtic technician.I am currently employed by the New York City Transit Authority as the Senior Electrical Maintainer and serve as the Relief Foreman for the electrical maintenance division for the past 12 years.I also hold many certifications, licenses and certificates in my field

FOA Member(Fiber Optic Association) UTU (United Transportation Union) IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) HVAC/TALK (Heating & Air conditioning troubleshooting group)

5 years of technical school after high school in electrical installation and design sponsored by Local 3 (IBEW) As well as over 17 years of hands on in the field training and education, and till this day im still learning, Not a day goes by that i don't learn something and if i feel i didn't i will open up a book to insure I DO!