Electrical Wiring in the Home/removing switch

I have an outlet in a bedroom that is connected to an overhead light fixture. I want to disconnect this  feature so I can have constant power to this receptacle at all times. How can I make the proper disconnect so I have continuous power?

The easiest way is to take out the switch and connect the two wires together. Be sure to put a blank cover where the switch was.

If the switch has only one black wire and one white wire in the box, then you can disconnect the other end of the wire, which should be at the outlet and connect the wires together that go to the switch. (One of them should be on the dark side of the outlet.)
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.