Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wiring tanning bed

Question
QUESTION: We bought a new tanning bed and need to install the 20amp, 220 volt dedicated line for it! In the instructions it states there should be a dedicated 20 amp breaker in the room where the bed is located.  Do I need a double pole 20 amp breaker in the box and another box in the room with a small box with another dbl pole 20 amp breaker in it?  I have also read about installing a buck booster too, not sure how to do this! Help!

ANSWER: Hello Michelle,
My name is Robert and ill be helping you today and in response to your question Yes you will need a 2 pole 20 amp breaker as far as a "second" box no because your means of disconnect in the event for maintenance or repair will be to just simply unplugging it just as long as the plug can be accessible...as far as a "buck booster" I have NO CLUE what that is or what it does and to be honest with you I have been doing this my whole life and never heard of it ill have to investigate what it is and ill get back to you.Also would you be able to get me the name and Model number of the tanning bed? I would like to look it up myself to better assist you in hooking it up.

QUESTION: It is a Wolff System Solar Storm 24R. Model SS24R.  Thank you!

Answer
Thank you and i updated my last answer in reference to the "buck booster" and known to me as a transformer....lol...and commonly used in tanning beds..thats all it is..ill get back to you tomorrow after i review all the electrical requirements for your new bed
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo