Electrical Wiring in the Home/Faulty breaker ?

My kitchen and adjoining den n living room are intermittently losing power. Sometimes remain on for an hour then go off and on.  The rooms are different breakers and the rest of the house is fine.  Do I have a bad breaker or a wiring short. Please let me know steps to troubleshoot.  Thanks

Hello Terry,
My name is Robert and ill be helping you today and in response to your question and going by the little information given I would say you don't have a faulty breaker and a strong no at that, next additional information would be much more helpful such as
What took place prior to the power outage?
how often does it happen?
Is it consistent?
Where you using anything that draws a heavy load such as an Iron,Blow dryer, A/C,Power tools etc;
Was it raining?
Any other information would be extremely helpful also what is the extent of your electrical knowledge? Do you have an electrical tester/meter? Are you comfortable with taking apart wire splices and working on live electric?
I'll await your response.Thank you Robert.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo

I am here to answer ALL your questions regarding anything to do with home wiring such as Switches, Receptacles,Lighting, Main Distribution Panels, HVAC, Thermostats, etc; if it has a wire and in your home I CAN ANSWER IT. Whether its as simple as "why do my lights flicker?" Or as complex as I would like to rewire my house im here to help, in addition i can offer advice on remodeling a kitchen or lighting up you back yard as well as offering troubleshooting on appliances.

I have over 17 years in the electrical industry including Residential, Commercial & Industrial, Im also a certified HVAC technician as well as a certified fiber obtic technician.I am currently employed by the New York City Transit Authority as the Senior Electrical Maintainer and serve as the Relief Foreman for the electrical maintenance division for the past 12 years.I also hold many certifications, licenses and certificates in my field

FOA Member(Fiber Optic Association) UTU (United Transportation Union) IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) HVAC/TALK (Heating & Air conditioning troubleshooting group)

5 years of technical school after high school in electrical installation and design sponsored by Local 3 (IBEW) As well as over 17 years of hands on in the field training and education, and till this day im still learning, Not a day goes by that i don't learn something and if i feel i didn't i will open up a book to insure I DO!