Electrical Wiring in the Home/Home wiring

Question
My house is over 60 years old. There has been some minor rewiring done. Is it possible to up the wattage coming into the house. Right now we can't run the washer and dryer at the same time. Or run the microwave when we run some of the other appliance in the house. Or do we need to rewire the whole house. We need a cheat and fast fix if possible.

Answer
Not much info here.
Was the service replaced since the house was built?
If not it is long overdue. 37 years is considered the practical economic life of an electrical service.
Most likely you just need more circuits.
Many appliances need a separate circuit.
Newer appliance circuits are installed using 12 gauge wire and protected by 20 amp breakers, rather than 15 amp breakers.

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber