Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wiring a Rocker Switch with 14/2

Question
I have added a 3 Rocker Switch in place of a single switch, which is a 14/2, no ground.  By putting in the 3 Rocker switch I hoped to accomplish adding a Fan/Light combo., off legs !, & 2, with two separate lines.  The 3 leg going to a Vanity fixture with 5 (60 watts bulbs.
There is a hot line coming from the attic, which is behind the Vanity fixture and is live.  Again a 14/2, no ground.
The previous setup was the single switch operated the vanity lights and the GFCI, but when the vanity lights went off, so did the GFCI.
The odd thing about this is after I put the 3 Rocker Switch in, I can only operate the Fan/Light fixture off legs 1 & 2.  
The 3 leg I have going to the Vanity lights, which somehow complete the circuit, but the vanity lights themselves do not work.
To clarify, I took the fixture down and plugged it into an outlet and the lights work, except for one that burnt out.
I forgot to mention, on leg 3, I used 14/3, as I thought I would need this to hookup the GFCI., which I have a line from it to the Vanity light are.
I know some electricians, but they are stumped, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much.
Frank Topel  

Answer
Your description is not adequate for me provide a solution
The "single switch, which is 14/2" doesn't tell me anything I can apply.

Draw the several enclosures [boxes] and show the wiring between the boxes before you added anything and how they were connected, including the box in the attic. A cable with two wires in it would be drawn as a single line with 2 crossing slashes. A three wire would have three slashes. Do not indicate grounds in cable, if any exist. Show the several individual conductors at the box and indicate color and splices made as well as device terminations.
Indicate source of power at appropriate box.

Next draw the same grouping and show the wires you added, where and how you connected them.

Send any photos you may have of the wiring and identify where the photos relate to the drawings.

There is no reason to be stumped with sufficient information. Piece of cake.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber