Electrical Wiring in the Home/Replacing 3-way switch with 3-way combo switch/outlet

Question
I'm typically pretty handy with wiring but I'm thinking what I wanted to do is not even possible in my case. I pulled out the existing 3-way switch and discovered it was wired with 3 wires - 1 red, 1 black, and 1 white. No ground or other wires are in the box. Is there anyway for me to hook up the combo switch/outlet with what I have available? Seems like I would need more wires?

Answer
Hey Don,
So I take it you want to do away with the 3 way switch and install a combo "SINGLE pole" if that's the case Yes just as long as you have a neutral in which I doubt simply b/c you state there are only 3 wires in that box so that tells me it's the slave to the 3 way system and the 3 wires would be the 2 travelers and the common so in that case I'm sorry to say NO you won't be able too so first I would check for a constant hot and a neutral if so let me know and than we might be able to do something
Thank you.... Robert  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo