Electrical Wiring in the Home/running power to separate building

Question
QUESTION: Hi Robert, I am taking power from my 200amp entrance panel to a separate building with woodworking tools. I'll start with 100amp breaker at the panel then travel 75' inside my basement before going out through 1 1/2" conduit another 75' to the building where i'll have another 100 amp breaker at the subpanel. My question is cable type. I know i'll need URD for outside and am looking at either 2-2-2-4 or 2-2-4-6. Which will suffice? Also what should i use for wire inside the house between service panel and the exit to conduit? Thanks for your help

ANSWER: Hey Tom so sorry for the delay I have been have some family health issues with KY mother in law who just found out she has stage 4 cancer any way it seems like you pretty much have it well in hand and as far as the wire goes...being you are in fact going to be in pipe  I would just use #2 THHN the whole way...any other questions please let me know

QUESTION: Hi Robert, sorry to hear about your mother in law. Those are the type of thing that put our other problems in perspective.  
Would like to ask you about the second half of my run.  One half is outside in conduit between house and garage, but it then enters the house and will not be in conduit....is SER 2-2-2-4 jacketed wire the appropriate choice? Thanks again,  Tom

Answer
Hello Tom,
Nice to here from you again after reviewing your question I also noticed that you said you were going to start with an 100a breaker than another 100a breaker there is no need to Double fuse it You can if you want however the first 100a breaker is just fine than you can simply use a 100A MAIN LUG panel in your shop which is cheaper and you still will be in compliance as far as the wire I'm not sure what you mean by 2-2-2-4 wire are you speaking of "Direct Berrial Romex"? if so that is just fine if not the correct application would be 1 1/2" Green Field with 4 #2's (2hot 1 neutral 1ground) let me know if you have any other questions  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo