Electrical Wiring in the Home/Flourescent Light
I have had a flourescent light in the bathroom for years. It stopped working even with new bulbs. It was old, so I bought a new flourescent light. It worked for a month, I replaced the bulb, and it worked about another month. I took it back and got a new light (same type).
I have the same issue. At first, I thought it was the ballast, but the problem continues even after replacing the light.
I used an electrical tester, and enough volts are coming in, and there do not appear to be any problems.
This light is not too far from an a/c vent. Could this be the problem?
If I just buy a regular light that uses led or incandescent bulbs, will this problem continue or is it simply a flourescent light problem?
I do not know what to do next.
This is an unusual problem
I cannot see the AC vent causing this, as I expect that the lamp is shielded or enclosed, not that it should matter
Tell me about the fluorescent fixture and the lamps involved, manufacturer, source, model number
Aside from that, I have found that incandescent lamps always work
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here