Electrical Wiring in the Home/GFCI

Hi Robert: I have a question. I have 3 bathrooms but only one has a GFCI outlet. Do I need to install one in the other 2 bathrooms? Thanks.

Yes and no...if the bathrooms are all on the same circuit than chances are they are already GFI protected and all that was done to do this is when the bathrooms were originally wired they came off the LOAD SIDE of the first GFI which will than make all other RECEPTICLES even regular ones GFI protected and you can check this by first turning off the 1st bathroom circuit and see if the other bathrooms go out as well if so than your going to go back to the B/R with the GFI in it pull it out and see if there are wires coming out the LOAD side if so BINGO those bathrooms are AL READY GFI protected if not I would just go purchase 2 more GFI'S and install them
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Tomasulo

I am here to answer ALL your questions regarding anything to do with home wiring such as Switches, Receptacles,Lighting, Main Distribution Panels, HVAC, Thermostats, etc; if it has a wire and in your home I CAN ANSWER IT. Whether its as simple as "why do my lights flicker?" Or as complex as I would like to rewire my house im here to help, in addition i can offer advice on remodeling a kitchen or lighting up you back yard as well as offering troubleshooting on appliances.

I have over 17 years in the electrical industry including Residential, Commercial & Industrial, Im also a certified HVAC technician as well as a certified fiber obtic technician.I am currently employed by the New York City Transit Authority as the Senior Electrical Maintainer and serve as the Relief Foreman for the electrical maintenance division for the past 12 years.I also hold many certifications, licenses and certificates in my field

FOA Member(Fiber Optic Association) UTU (United Transportation Union) IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) HVAC/TALK (Heating & Air conditioning troubleshooting group)

5 years of technical school after high school in electrical installation and design sponsored by Local 3 (IBEW) As well as over 17 years of hands on in the field training and education, and till this day im still learning, Not a day goes by that i don't learn something and if i feel i didn't i will open up a book to insure I DO!