Electrical Wiring in the Home/Coax confusion

Question
Bob, should my coax cable for cable be powered from outside? I have it "jumped" currently in one of my spare bedrooms because the cable guy couldn't figure out why there wasn't a powered cable when connecting my TV's. I don't like how the powering source looks like in the spare room. I've never seen this before and I've lived in much older places than my current 2006 home that I recently purchased.

Answer
The cable wire is powered by the cable company.  Sometimes there may be a booster in the house, but this would usually be for the whole house. Perhaps the cable guy meant that the cable wire did not appear to be connected anywhere? I don't think cable wires have changed since they were first used.  I don't think there was any cable before the 1970's, and even then it was mostly a community antenna.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle