Electrical Wiring in the Home/GE wall switch and outlet combo

Question
Hi Bob,
I have a 59797 GE wall switch and outlet combo.  It has  a a gold, yellow, and green (grd) screws on one side and a gold and silver screw on the other side.  
No black screws.  How do I wire it so the switch controls the power to the socket?

Thank you.

T.

Answer
You just want the switch to control the outlet that is on it?

The white wire goes next to the outlet on the side that has the wider opening.  That should be the side that does NOT have the bridge.  The black wire goes on the same side of the device, the side without the bridge.  Do not do anything with the bridge (leave it there), and tighten those screws down.  You do not need to use them.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle