Electrical Wiring in the Home/Bad gang boxes

I live in a condominium that was constructed with metal studs.  I have had to replace several outlets because they have cracked (that tells you something about the builder).  Anyway, I keep running into a problem where the gang box does not seem properly fastened to the stud because if you push on it, there is no resistance--it just pushes further into the wall.  So, if you're trying to screw in a new outlet to the gang box, it is nearly impossible because as you apply pressure to the outlet while attempting to screw it in the gang box gives way and you can't do it.  Any way to fix these gang boxes that comes to mind?  Or should I replace them with old box type gang boxes?  If so, how will I get the existing boxes out?  Thank you!

You can try putting a piece of popsicle stick between the outlet box and the outlet, and let it extend to the outside of the wall (but under the switch plate so it doesn't show). That probably isn't the most professional way to do it, however.

You can replace the box with an old work box. I am not sure exactly how you would get the old box out without seeing how it is attached.  The main thing is to get the wires out.  Once you do that, you can even knock it behind the wall.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.