Electrical Wiring in the Home/Clicking in lights

I read a post from 2007 about a random clicking noise.  I too am experiencing this.  I have narrowed it down to  two areas and I think it is the light fixtures.  Mr. Hughes was involved in the 2007 mystery posted on this site. but I couldn't find if it was resolved  My home is three years old and it didn't happen the first year or so.  I'm going to check the bulbs.  The other odd thing I have noticed electrically speaking is the rocker style switches make a slightly similar, but faint and quick sound when I gently switch them.  I assumed it was just part of the current changing(????) and not a big deal.

The light switches have springs in them, and the noise comes from the mechanical function of connecting and disconnecting the power, not the power itself. The clicking sound could come from the heat of the bulbs and the expanding and contracting it can cause.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.